Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pizza Movil in León has great pizza and Ben & Jerry's ice cream

So I'm in León today. Arrived yesterday afternoon and I'm taking a short break this morning to do some Interneting. It's raining sporatically, and is rather cold, and so I'm regretting leaving my hoodie back in Moratinos. Now I'm considering looking for something cheap like a long sleeved tee or a wind breaker. It should be about 17 or 18 more days to Santiago... I'm excited and anxious to continue my travels around Europe (and certainly think that less of it will be via foot than walking the Camino), but at the same time I'm not looking forward to this journey ending.

My American friend from Connecticut, Alexa, whom I've been walking with for the last couple of weeks is taking a break day today and staying in León. Hopefully we'll meet up again before Santiago. It's been nice to have someone else to talk to that speaks English well and joneses for Ben & Jerry's and pizza - which by the way we ate for lunch yesterday after we arrived in town!

So I'll be doing 19km to a place called Villadongo or something like that. There's an albergue there, and then the next day I may walk a bit farther than planned. We shall see. I can go back to the albergue here to get my things at 11. Perhaps we'll have an early lunch before I take off. I could go for some bean and chorizo stew. Yum. And nice and warm to boot.

That's all for today. Goging to do some other looking around and then take off.

Ciao.

1 comment:

Rebrites@yahoo.com said...

GO RYAN GO! (but not too fast.)