Friday, July 6, 2007

When in Rome...

I guess I'm not really doing anything as the Romans do yet. I've had some good pizza, but that's about it!

Tonight I'm meeting my first host at the train station, and then will be staying with two other people until the 18th or 19th.

So far I've been out to see the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, both of which are really interestign places to wander in the evening.

I had to get a dorm bed in a hostel for one evening, having arrived yesterday with no host. It wasn't awful though, by any means, and I met some nice people. So that's always fun. Also learned how to play a game called Taps, which at this time I won't go into describing, ha ha!

Pisa was good insofar as the Leaning Tower and the Duomo there are concerned. Other than that the city itself doesn't have much more going for it. I was glad to leave, especially because I was being slowly eaten alive by Italian mosquitoes. Awful. It was kind of a rush to stand next to the tower though. It looks much different than I think a lot of people are lead to expect. It's very clean looking and not as isolated as so many pictures make it seem.

So now I've got a little under two weeks in Rome, and then I'll hopefully be heading back to Venice for a couple days, then making my way back towards Spain, and going home soon thereafter. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about getting home, but especially with the Peace Corps drawing nearer, I want to spend some time with people before I turn around and leave again for an even longer time.ù

So anyhow, time to go find some food for lunch. I'm almost out of computer credit anyhow.

Ciao!

No comments: