Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How many couches in Paris can I find?

So today I didn't do very much. Rebekah and I took a nice walk this morning before going into Sahagun to do some grocery shopping. I sent my letters off, and then after we got home I did some Interneting to start looking for places in Paris to stay. So far I have one or two, and an absolutely from my good pal Marianne up in Beauvais, an hour North of Paris.

Since RyanAir flies from Madrid to Beauvais, I'm going to take the train down and catch a super cheap flight up to France either next week, or perhaps early the week after that. I need to talk with mom this weekend and get everything arranged and such. I'm afraid that buying a Eurrail pass might be a little more complex than I'd hoped, and they may have to ship it to the States and I'll have to have her send it to me. Blech.

We had a lovely trout this afternoon for lunch, brought home from the local fishmonger. It was really tasty. We've been taking most of our meals out in the courtyard, because the weather has been so lovely. It's very nice.

Listened to some good music, did the dishes, took a brief nap (I think...), did some reading, more Interneting and uploading pictures to our Walgreen's account. I'm NEARLY finished. Then I have to arrange picture sharing for all my Camino buds so we can exchange photos with each other. Need to do that before I leave!

In Sahagun today, Rebekah and I went to this Dollar Store type place which is basically filled with cheap asian-made products. Everything you could imagine. I got into the habit of playing cards along the end of the Camino with my friends Tizzy and Enrico, so when i saw a deck for 75 cents there I snatched it up. The funny thing is, they're cards made in the States, distributed by a company in, of all places, Cincinnati, OHIO! Crazy. I flew 14 hours across an ocean to get cards from a place I can get to in a car in less than 5 hours.

Tomorrow Reb and I are taking a little day trip up to Oviedo in Asturias to visit the IKEA there and hopefully select and purchase a kitchen for their soon to be renovated new house. I'm excited, because going to IKEA is always a treat, and I get to see yet another place in Spain that I've not yet been to. There are some good churches there to see it seems.

Anyhow, I've uploaded enough pictures for tonight. I've got a few more days to get posted, but that can wait another day. I'm off to bed for now. Still listening to 1984, and Reb gave me this really intense book to read called The Yellow Rain. It's originally printed in Spanish, but this version is an English translation. It's good stuff man.

Cheers.

No comments: