Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Free to run

After my fun evening last night I ended up sleeping in until about 10 this morning. I got up and had my usual coffee and bread, then headed into Sahagun with Paddy. We bought his train ticket so he could go and meet Rebekah on Thursday and then bring her back on Saturday. I found out later that he bought a ticket for tomorrow as opposed to Thursday. I'm sure an extra day to get situated in the city and have me and Sebastien out of his hair will do him some good. I'm sort of glad that I'm not going to be here the entire time I'm in Europe. I really love it here, but I feel bad kind of throwing a kink into Paddy and Reb's lives for the time they've let me stay. I appreciate it nonetheless and will have to find a really great way to pay them back. Anyhow, we checked out email at Zentral, I updated my blog, and then we picked up some bread and a newspaper. German was supposed to be back from Peru today but his shop is still dark and the sign saying he'll be gone till the 27th was still up. I hope he comes back sometime soon as I'd like to take my laptop in and get on his wireless network. I want to upload pictures and get some detailed info about these trails in France.


We came back to Moratinos and moved the yurt parts into the storage room from where they had been left outside. Then I read some more of that amazing henry Miller book. God damn. Go out and buy Big Sur everyone. The package that my grandfather sent me arrived today. For some reason the post man had taken it to one of the neighbors. I'm not really sure why because it was clearly addressed, but I appreciated him bringing it over. I only hope the card my mother sent me comes to the right place. That could be a problem. Anyhow, he sent along a writing pad for me to write my letters on as well as two pictures he'd printed out from our little trip to Bilbao. One of Rebekah and Libby which is really nice, and another of Libby and me in front of the Guggenheim Museum which Reb took. I put them both up on the fridge.


Paddy made a rice dish out of the leftover chicken and some chorizo. He didn't much care for it but I thought it was alright. It just needed some salt and pepper. Eh, it's food, right? After eating I took Una out for a nice stroll while listening to some Gomez. While walking I was inspired to put together a play list of songs especially for listening to while walking the Camino. Some of them are about walking or traveling, others seemed appropriate to me for other reasons. I'll list them at the end of this entry.


Paddy took a nap and I read for a bit longer then listened to some more of The Silence of the Lambs. At around eight or so I found a recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara in Delia Smith's cookbook and we had that for dinner. The sauce for the dish is actually made by coating the hot pasta in raw scrambled eggs then topping it with cooked bacon. We didn't have bacon so I used some chorizo instead. It turned out rather well and everyone enjoyed it. I'm kind of tired today, so I'm going to bed earlier than usual. I suppose I should get all the sleep I can before I start walking. I've got some long (but surely adventurous and amazing) days ahead of me. Cheers!


(I'll tack my play list into a side box on my blog here.)

No comments: